Tired of training alone? Bored with the same ol’ split routines. Is your buddy talking a bit too much smack? Give these five workout challenges a try. Let’s see who’s got bragging rights now.
1. Wheelbarrow Walks
- Come into a pushup position and have your partner grab a hold of your ankles with each hand.
- Engage your core as they lift your feet up off of the ground.
- Begin walking forward moving with short steps while keeping your head up and focused on the finish line!
- Switch so that your partner has a turn and repeat.
2. Hi-5 Partner Plank
- Have you and your partner come down into a plank position head-to-head about one foot apart.
- On the count of 3, both of you lower down onto your left forearm and then your right. Press back up onto the left hand and then the right reaches across to hi-5 your partner.
- Repeat beginning on the opposite arm and finishing with a hi-5 on the left arm. Continue to alternate for 10 on each arm.
3. Partner Band Sprints
- Wrap a heavy weight resistance band around your hips, wearing it like a belt and have your partner take ahold of the back end.
- Make sure they have a firm grip on it and try to hold you back from moving forward.
- Begin to run or sprint forward against the resistance for about 50 yards and return back the same way.
4. Partner Floor Slams
- Take a 15 lb med ball and stand about 6-8 feet away from each other.
- Raise the ball up overhead and with force, throw the med ball in between the two of you so that it bounces up towards your partner. Make sure you aim where you are throwing the ball!
- Your partner will catch it in a low squat and stand up raising it over their head to slam it down again towards you.
5. BOSU Partner Med Ball Pass
- (You’ll need to BOSU’s for this one… but if you don’t have two, just sit on the floor!) Start in a seated position holding a med ball with feet on the floor facing each other. Recline back slightly and engage your core.
- Toss the ball to your partner and have them recline back into a crunch before returning up and tossing the ball back to you.
- Once you’ve gotten a few of those in a row, try elevating one or both feet off of the ground!
- Continue for 60-90 seconds.
- The cheap waterpik is a great solution when you want the convenience of cordless water flossing. Rechargeable and portable, it’s perfect for use in smaller bathrooms or for travel. Amazon.com. Easier and more effective than flossing with string, the Waterpik Cordless Plus Water …