Every baseball players dreams of stepping to the plate with a 3-2 count, bases loaded in the ninth, and crushing the ball deep over the center field wall. To have the ability to do this you have to be ability to generate explosive force in your lower body as well as having a strong core that can rotate at an optimal rate.
This superset will help you reach that dream of hitting a homerun as far as Giancarlo Stanton.
Split Squat Lunge Jump
3×12 each leg
– The starting position consist of staggering your feet one foot in front of the other. You will have one foot forward and one foot back while flexing your knee and lowering your hips slightly.
– Begin to descend, right before your back knee touches the floor explode into the air switching legs during the jump.
– Land softly and begin the next rep.
Dumbbell Russian Twist
3×20 each side
– Grab a dumbbell and sit on the floor and raise your legs in front of you.
– During this exercise your legs will stay center the entire time to add a balancing aspect to the workout.
– Hold the weight in front of you and keep your back straight.
– Twist your torso as far as you can to the left and then reverse the motion and twist to your right. That is one rep.