People always ask me if I do ‘yoga’. Sure, I do yoga, but I didn’t even know what it was until college, and I still probably couldn’t even tell you the correct names for the poses.
Yoga for me started as a socially awkward habit. There were times I’d be casually having conversation and I’d find myself putting my body into different position. Now we’re not talking about going through full routines, but I can recall rolling and twisting my body on the ground when just hanging out. In some instances I’d be called out, and looked at like I was crazy. But the thing is, I was doing this because it made me feel good. And it became a habit.
I’ll do yoga after most lifting sessions; run through a quick routine of six moves then call it a day. The one other time I’ll do yoga is when tense and stressed. I’ll slowly through the five while hyper focusing on the muscle groups and the parts of the body being used.
THE SIX-MOVE YOGA FIX:
Being a bodyboarder, my body can be put into less-familiar positions to daily life. These moves improve flexibility, mobility, and strength.
Being a busy brand-building strategist and media executive, my mind goes bonkers. These moves chill me out.
1. ROTATIONAL TOE TOUCH: touch and hold each side for 10-20 seconds x 5.
2. CROW POSE: hold this position for 10, 20, 30 seconds x 5.
3. SIT AND REACH: hold this position for 10-20 seconds x 5.
4. HIGH RISE INVERSION (PLOW POSE): hold this position for 30-60 seconds x 5.
5. THE WHEEL: hold this position for 20-30 seconds x 5.
6. THE STAR: hold this position for as long as possible x 5.
This content was exclusively published on HUMANFITPROJECT.com